1) Print a template of the design and position the design upper edge approximately 5" from one oilcloth short end and right side. Mark the design center.
2) Hoop a square adhesive-backed tear-away stabilizer with the paper side facing up. Score the paper with a pin and tear away the paper inside the hoop to expose the adhesive.
3) Position the oilcloth rectangle over the adhesive stabilizer and finger-press to secure. Float a topper square over the oilcloth. Use masking tape to secure the topper perimeter, if desired.
4) Embroider the design, clipping any jump threads with each thread change.
5) Remove the oilcloth from the hoop. Gently tear away the stabilizer and the excess topper.